Monday, April 15, 2013

Organizing School Papers & Art

This is one of my favorite Pinterest pins that I have made.
You can find the idea here. 



I found the plastic file boxes at Wal-mart for about $6 each.
A box of letter sized file folders was nearly enough for both boxes.  The neat things about these boxes is you can use either letter or legal sized folders.

I finished Landon's awhile back, just needed to finish up Savannah's box. Since she's in pre-school and bringing home keepsake papers & art, I figured I should finish hers.


The blog linked above has a link to labels you can download for the folders. I created my own since our school has JrK & SrK. They are fairly easy to create based on what you need for your child. I can email you a copy of mine if you would like to use them or edit for your specific needs.

There is a space for name, year, school and teacher.

The smaller papers on the left (above) are my file folder tabs. I like to type mine to make them pretty :).



Here are all of Landon's folders so far. He's getting so big!
Makes me a little teary eyed...



Here are the finished boxes. Since this year's pictures are still in frames, I sat them in the middle so Savannah's picture would at least be in the blog post. :)
Next year when the new school pictures come, I will add this year's to the front of the file folder.

I also have a larger Rubbermaid container for bigger art work, baby books, etc. But these file boxes work great for sorting everyday work that comes home. It also forces me to weed through items and only keep the really special items.

I also started this Pinterest idea last year for Landon.


The link/idea is to sign the book at a baby shower for the baby & mom to have as a keepsake. Great idea!!
BUT the description for the pin said to have your child's teachers sign the book each year and give it to them at graduation.  So last year, I bought a book for Landon & played a little catch-up from previous teachers.
I will start one for Savannah next year.

Who knows if my kids will appreciate either of these ideas when they are older.  I hope they will.  I hope they will enjoy looking through stuff they made when they were little.

I know I do...even if it makes me a little teary.






No comments:

Post a Comment