Monday, April 29, 2013

Exercise....blah

Getting in the habit of exercising is hard.  We did not grow up in a family who thought exercise was important. I would like that to be different for my kids, but it's SO hard!
I pin exercise stuff on Pinterest, but I don't do it.

Here's why...
1. I don't like to sweat. That is why there is a fan that I stood in front of today.
2. It's boring. I bought an elliptical & put it in our room.  I figured I could watch How I Met Your Mother reruns and do the elliptical for 30 minutes.  BORING!!  I resold the used boring machine quickly.
3. I can't use the "I don't have time excuse". I have time, I would just rather do other things.
4. We enjoyed running...but it's easy to make excuses. Mostly--it's too cold or too hot.

Last weekend, my sister & I found some Jillian Michaels DVDs at a yard sale for $1!  She took the regular "Shred" DVD & I took the one that incorporated weights. 
I tried it today.



Now I kinda knew what to expect.  I watch the Biggest Loser, I've seen Jillian in action. I've heard other people's experiences of trying her DVDs. But I did it anyway.

It started out great. At 7 minutes in, I was thinking "Jillian is not bad at all!" I can do this!  Yeah...that was just the warm up.... At 14 minutes in I paused it to get a drink.  I also mumbled to Jillian about how she sucks.  Even at this point, I'm still thinking she isn't that bad.  She wasn't yelling, it was just hard because I'm not in shape & I hate exercising. 

At 20 minutes the DVD froze.  A sign I should quit!! :) But I didn't (yet). I ejected, cleaned it off & put the mean woman back in the DVD player. THEN she started getting louder! 
Ahhh...the Biggest Loser Jillian had shown up. AND she was trying to get me to do something called a Turkish Get-up.
I mumbled an "Uh, No" and got another drink of water while she finished her get-ups.

She didn't have much time to be mean, though. Time for cool down.  Thank goodness!!

By then, she's trying to be all sugary sweet.  Woman, please! You were just yelling and I know how  you treat those BL contestants, you can't do sugary. 
"Are you feeling Awesome? Well you should because you are Awesome!"  Big fat smile. PUHLEEZE!

I know it was my first day. I did enjoy the weight part, even if I was scared I would let go & it would hit the TV. 

I think tomorrow I will do the Pilates DVD tomorrow.
It hurts but she's nice.

MAYBE, just maybe,  I will try Jillian again on Wednesday. Maybe, we will actually start running again like we keep talking about...
But like I said, I'm horrible at exercising so no one hold your breath about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment