Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 Days of Pinterest

This year, I should really give up pinning stuff on Pinterest for Lent...but instead I decided I would take the next 40 days to make or try things I have pinned on Pinterest. 

If you are on Pinterest and are honest with yourself, you pin WAY more than you actually make. It's just SO FUN to pin!!  I decided to count how many things I had actually made.  I thought I had done a pretty decent job.  Not so much.   I have 1839 pins on 33 boards.  Take out the Random thoughts, duplicate pins & vacation spots and I have approximately 1600 pins of things I could actually make or do.   I've done 186....good grief.


So here goes...my 40 days of Pinterest.  I will make new things, post fun things I have already tried AND delete some posts that I just don't need or will never do!   



I'm already having a hard time picking what I want to do!!  I'm so indecisive.  I also hate cold weather & I'm ready for Spring.  I'm ready to put on my new flip-flops on instead of socks.  So in hopes that warmer weather is coming soon, I'm going to paint my toe nails.  So that's not really something you need a pin on Pinterest for, right?  I know, but supposedly you can put lotion around your nails and it's LIFE CHANGING!!  (Really that is what people said when they pinned it)


So here goes...I would post a link to the blog I pinned on Pinterest, but when I went to it my computer stopped it and said it was full of malware or something like that.  So here is how I did it.  (Don't make fun of my big, long toes.)





It's not rocket science. Put some lotion (doubt it matters what kind) on a Q-tip.  Put it around your toe nails.  Don't get it on the nails or the polish won't stick.   I will say that I was probably more careful painting than I usually am.  I didn't want to get lotion mixed in with the polish!  But I did color outside the lines as I usually do.                           




See, I got some on my toes...


I do put stuff on my nails to make them dry quicker.  But even with that, normally it takes more effort to get the polish off my toes.  This time, I simply took a paper towel and wiped the polish right off my toes around the nail!  Easy, peasy!!  I'm not sure I would call this "life changing" but it was helpful and made the process simpler to clean up.


So give it a try!  Day 1 complete.  Now to decide whether or not to put socks back on or throw on my new flip-flops from Flip Flop Shops of Memphis.


NOTE: the polish color is prettier than in the pictures.  It's Mary Kay Tempting Teal.  I bought it because teal is the color for Ovarian Cancer Awareness and I got it from my friend Stacey!!



No comments:

Post a Comment