Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 7--2 for Tuesday

I have a list of things I want to do during this 40 days of Pinterest blog, but today I just don't feel like tackling a crafty project.  Maybe it's the 4 kids projects we did yesterday, maybe it's the sinus gunk sitting in my head.  Either way, I'm not going to tackle anything new today.  Don't stop reading yet, though.  I am going to share one of my favorite things that we made recently and one of our favorite dinners!

#1

We've tried several things to help the kids be more responsible--to take care of things on their own without us griping at them constantly. After a particularly rough morning of constant nagging to get things done before we left for school, I decided to search Pinterest for ideas. I found this.

This is very easy to make!  Her tutorial is very thorough. I will just run through what I did & what changes I made.

Here is Landon with our responsibility charts.
2013-01-07 19.19.23.jpg

I bought 10x13 floating frames at Wal-mart for $3.  I found the white hooks at Dollar General for $1 for a pack of 8. I used scrapbook paper & labels that I already had. So for about $10 total, I made a chart for each kid.

We've been using this about 2 months now.  I didn't laminate the chore cards & they have held up nicely. 
The kids have the same 3-4 chores each morning.  Once completed, they flip them over so we know they are finished. I swap them out each afternoon with chores they need to finish that evening.  Just depends on what needs to be done, so they will have 2-6 chores each afternoon.

The kids LIKE this!!  There is much less nagging, especially in the morning.  Afternoon chores need to be completed before 7 pm.  This allows them to be responsible for things and learn some time management!!  

We also made & started using this. 

I combined an idea from Pinterest with the charts they use at Landon's school.  At school, they start in the center and can move up or down depending on behavior. 

I have to say that both of these ideas are working GREAT!!  They are both super easy & inexpensive to make!!

#2

Prior to Pinterest, I did not cook much.  I'm good at baking things, not at cooking dinners.  Kevin is much better at it, so most of the cooking was done by him.  BUT since becoming addicted to Pinterest, I have found many recipes to cook!!  We've tried several--most of them were good & we now have them regularly.  

One of our favorites and one of the first ones I tried was Poppy Seed Chicken.
Poppyseed Chicken Casserole

Try it you will like it!!  And if you need something to go with it, try the 7-up biscuits.  Seriously awesome. 

7up Biscuits! Light and fluffy.  They only have three ingredients - quick and easy


Hope you enjoyed the Two for Tuesday ideas!!






No comments:

Post a Comment