Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 13--Polymer Clay pendants

I was excited to do this project!!  Polymer Clay (Sculpey) pendants.  Pinned the link from here

Here are the pendants I made today.



I had my doubts as I was making them, but they turned out pretty cute.

It turned out to be a little harder than expected.  The tutorial is easy to follow, but I think the paint I used made it more difficult than it should have been. 

I used various items that I had around the house to make the shapes and designs. 


Stamps, buttons, burlap...you can really use anything you want to design them!

I used acrylic paint I had on hand.  The tutorial used silver metallic paint. I also had copper so I used both. 
The copper paint was thicker, so it covered much better & was easier to use.  The silver was thinner & required more coats. I lack patience for drying time, so I will definitely get a thicker silver color paint the next time I make these!!
I'm sure you could use any color metallic paint if you wanted to try different colors. 

I think this one is my favorite.



This would be another good project for older girls or to make to give as gifts. I will definitely make them again and make some bigger ones to  use/give as ornaments.

NOTE: I had to Google how long to bake them because the package did not have the directions.  Baked at 275 for 30 minutes.  They didn't seem hard enough, so I flipped them over & baked for an additional 10 minutes.  
Also, I would recommend laying the clay on a heating pad or something similar to help soften it when you get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment