Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 8--Reminder/Note frame

Many ideas pinned on Pinterest end up being just pictures, with no link to tutorials or blogs.  This is one of those ideas.

I have pinned a couple of different reminder frame ideas.  Here is the one I made today. 


Now I can make notes on it with a dry eraser marker...as soon as I figure out where I want to put it.

I took an 8x10 frame I already had & put a piece of notebook paper in it.  Easy enough, right? But I needed to dress it up!

I found a picture on Pinterest of flowers made out of felt, but it wasn't a link to how to make them. So I had to create them myself.  If you want to see the picture, click here to view my "Craft Ideas" board. 
(It's a long picture with several examples.)

I started by cutting squares out of felt.  Some are 2.5 inches square, the others are 3.5 inches. I just eyeballed it & cut. You could really cut them any size.


Next I folded a square in half...


Then pinched in the other sides.


Looks like a flower, right??  Put a glob of hot glue down in the center, then place a bead in the middle of the flower.


Cute, right?  Too easy!

Then I just arranged & glued on the frame.  If the frame had had fatter edges, I would have kept the flowers on the frame. My frame is skinny, so I glued some right on to the glass.  I used hot glue, so if I ever want to remove them, they will easily come off.

Here is a close up of the flowers on the frame.


You could easily print a saying on the top of your paper--"Don't Forget" or "Grocery List" or "I Love you because..."
These would be easy to change & personalize for whatever you want to use the frame for. 

Here is an example of a frame I pinned for this idea.

Cute frame idea

Its link leads you to craftgawker.com. It's another great, Pinterest type, idea page.  Many ideas, just not a direct link to this particular one.

I also liked this idea. Might do this for the kids soon. After we are finished with the hearts from Valentine's Day.

Love Note Board...add a different note each morning

Point is, there are lots of ideas out there! Just take them and make them your own!!




No comments:

Post a Comment