Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 19--Chevron Frame

Chevron patterned items seem to be everywhere these days. I pinned a frame, as well as a couple of tutorials on how to paint a chevron pattern.  So here is today's project...


The original pin came from here. She up-cycled a mirror and turned it into a frame.  I figured I could easily paint a $1 frame from Michael's to make the same type frame.

I referenced these two tutorials for painting a Chevron pattern. Found here and here
I measured my frame, divided by 3 the best I could and made a pattern to use out of card stock.


Since my frame is on the small side, I figured it would take me as long to tape it off as it would to just paint slow & steady. I painted a base coat first. That will be the background color. Then drew my chevron stripes.


Painted red stripes, let it dry then roughed it all up with sandpaper.

I painted the letter "H" using the same red as the stripes. Michael's & Hobby Lobby have several letter choices.  I bought a chipboard letter. You can rough the edges up just like a wooden letter. 

Glued the letter to the front using Tacky Glue, added a super cute picture of the kiddos & it was done!!


Easy project and now we have something with a Chevron pattern in our home. 





No comments:

Post a Comment