Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 31--Car Pillows

My kids already have pillows that they usually use in the car. But I saw a picture for one on Pinterest and decided to pin and make some for our Spring Break Trip.

Car Pillows

You can find the idea here.  She actually sells patterns and kits in her Etsy shop to make car pillows.



I had leftover fleece, so I cut a piece for each pillow that measured about 30 x 12 inches. 


The picture above shows once piece of fleece flat & the other folded in half ready to sew.

I sewed around the 3 open edges with embroidery thread by hand. I left an opening to stuff with cotton batting, then sewed it shut.


Didn't take long to make and the kids love them. 
Even if they didn't use them to sleep in the car on the trip... 


Faking for a picture :)

Simple project and I'm sure that someday on a trip they will actually be used for a nap.








No comments:

Post a Comment