Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 25--Rainbow Cookies

I was going to save this post for St. Patrick's Day on Sunday, but then I thought that others might want to make these for St. Patty's day, so here goes.

Rainbow Cookies


You can find the tutorial here

Her cookies actually look like rainbows. Except she has the colors in the wrong order. We like things in order around here...and it's really not a rainbow if the colors are out of order!!  So I didn't use her color order, but stacked them in order of the rainbow.

After we let it chill in the fridge we were ready to cut.  

As you can see, they turned out really pretty, but they weren't in the right shape to be able to cut them in half to make pretty rainbows. (Like the tutorial.)

I don't think the kiddos cared what they looked like :)


I used a Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix and gel food colors.  It would have taken alot of liquid food coloring to get the colors bright and I think too much liquid food coloring makes things taste bad.

I divided the dough into 6 equalish parts, put a small amount of gel food coloring in each part & worked it in with my hands. I wore plastic gloves so I wouldn't be dyed like a rainbow by the time I was done.

These are yummy and fun.  Make some for St. Patrick's day. Or whenever you need a rainbow cookie :)




No comments:

Post a Comment