Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 33--Banana Chips

This is one of those pins that doesn't link to a tutorial, but has instructions in the description.

Banana Chips

Kevin & Landon both love banana chips so I wanted to try these to see if they would like a homemade version.

I cut two bananas into thin slices.  About the width of a nickel. Dipped in lemon juice and laid in a flat layer on a baking sheet.


Baked on 200 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, then flipped and baked an additional hour. 


They turned out ok. I tried one and they were sweet. Kevin said they tasted good.  Landon wouldn't try one because they look funny--we run into that a lot around here...

Honestly, I'm not sure I will try these again.  It takes over 2 hours to make these!!  

NOTE: I wrote this blog and made these chips before we went on our Spring Break trip.  The banana chips traveled with us, but none were eaten.  I tried one when I got back. It didn't taste bad, but it was chewy.  Not at all like banana chips you buy at the store.
I don't think I did anything wrong and like I said, I don't usually have over 2 hours to make banana chips.
Save your time and just buy in the store.  Or buy a dehydrator and make them that way :).


No comments:

Post a Comment