Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 39--A Semi-homemade Cake

This recipe was pinned from here and is officially called Paula Deen's Mountain Dew cake.
I pinned it because it is a lemon cake recipe and as stated yesterday, Kevin likes lemon desserts.

The description on the pin gives the idea that you can make several versions of this cake--strawberry, orange, chocolate, carmel--you get the idea.  Basically any kind you can think of.

I had Kevin make me a strawberry cake using this recipe for my birthday.  It was yummy!!  So I made it again today for a cake I needed to make for Easter Hollow cake walk at our church on Saturday.

Here are the ingredients you will need 


Easy to follow recipe found in the link above.  
Mix well, bake and enjoy!!


I like using a Bundt pan. It's just easier than making a layer cake--in my opinion. :)

Doesn't it look great?!?!


Today I just used store bought icing.  It's doesn't need to be refrigerated which makes it easier for the church cake walk.

Kevin's birthday is Sunday. I plan on making the lemon version this weekend.


For his birthday cake I plan on making Marshmallow Cream Cheese icing. Find the recipe here

I enjoy baking, even if I make a huge mess most of the time.
I really like semi-homemade recipes.  Blame it on my lack of patience & laziness...

You will enjoy this cake, so pick a version & make one!

**From the description on Pinterest--other ideas** 
Paula Deen's Mountain Dew Cake 1 box lemon cake mix 1 (3.4 oz) box lemon instant pudding 1 (12 oz) can Mountain Dew 3/4 c. Vegetable Oil 4 large eggs. This is the recipe that I use for all cake mixes. For example: Choc cake, choc pudding, Coke: caramel cake, butterscotch pudding, Dr. Pepper: Strawberry cake, strawberry jello, strawberry soda: orange cake, orange jello, orange soda; white cake, watermelon jello, watermelon soda. Combinations are only limited to your imagination.




No comments:

Post a Comment