Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 38--Lemon Crinkle Cookies

The problem with Pinterest is that you can end up pinning the same pin or idea more than once.  I try my hardest not to do that, but it's unavoidable.

I must have really thought this recipe was a good one because I pinned it twice.  It was at least from 2 different sources, but still--same recipe. 

Kevin loves lemon desserts. So I bought what I needed for these cookies and made them today. 
You can find the recipe here.

They are only 4 ingredients!!  
Lemon cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1--8oz. tub of Cool Whip
Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix the cake mix, egg & Cool Whip. It will be STICKY!!
It took a little bit to get it all mixed thoroughly, don't give up!


Sticky, sticky, sticky...

I put the powdered sugar in the bottom of a bowl the roll the cookies in.  

On my first attempt, I put a blob of the dough in my hands & tried to roll into a ball.  Um...no.
Had to wash my hands & start over.

What worked: get a blob of the dough on a spoon, scrape it off the spoon with 1 finger into the powdered sugar.  Tap it around with the spoon to start covering it, then finish rolling it into a ball-like shape.  Place on cookie sheet to bake.


These spread out quite a bit so space them out.  Mine were a little big, so I had to bake them about 11 minutes.


See how much they spread?  Don't they look great?!?!

I took this picture to give you an idea of how sticky this stuff was...


These are really good.  Even with all the stickiness, I know we will make these again.  Any flavor of cake mix should work!!
Make & enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment