Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 37--Homemade Cheez-its

I recently pinned a post about Homemade Cheez-its.  They looked so yummy and I've always loved Cheez-its.  The recipe can be found here. I made some today...

The recipe was easy to follow.  I do not have a food processor, but I gave Kevin an immersion blender for Christmas that had a chopper attachment so I used that. It worked great.  The comments on the blog said you could use a blender or a regular mixer.


I wanted these to turn out fabulous and look like the pictures on the blog.  They didn't.  They don't taste bad, they just aren't really worthy of being called Cheez-its.

Savannah wouldn't try them (no surprise there), Landon said they were just medium--not good, not bad.

I gave some to our friends that we carpool with. Summer (mom) said they were okay, but kinda salty.  Sarah, Natalie & Sam (kiddos) did not care for them at all!  

Maybe I did something wrong.  It's only 4 ingredients so I'm not sure what went wrong.  The comments were all good on the blog I pinned from. 

That being said, I most likely won't try these again.  I will just wait until the preservative filled real Cheez-its go on sale and buy a few boxes of those.



No comments:

Post a Comment