Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 36--Ashley's Sausage Wontons

I searched Pinterest for a recipe for Sausage Wontons, just so I could pin it and write a blog about them.
The recipes I found were not the same as the ones my friend makes and they did not sound as good.  So here is my first blog post that is kinda my own. I will write it & pin it.

I don't even remember the first time I had these sausage wontons.  They are so yummy and I look forward to them every time there is a get together/party at my friend Ashley's house.  Luckily, she doesn't mind if I share the recipe.

Ashley's Sausage Wontons

These are really simple, only 4 ingredients and so good!

You will need:
--Wonton wrappers
--8 oz. cream cheese, softened
--1 lb. sausage, spicy or regular
--1 small can green chile peppers, drained
Makes 24 wonton cups

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Brown the sausage and drain.  I rinse mine as well just to try to get as much grease off as I can.  I prefer Jimmy Dean sausage, it just seems less greasy. But any brand will do.
Honestly, I like to make these with spicy sausage, but if you don't like spicy food, regular sausage works just fine.

I made these for my Bunco gathering tonight, so I used regular sausage.

Mix the cooked sausage, cream cheese and chile peppers.


Wonton wrappers--at my grocery store they are found near the produce by the salad dressings and herbs or with the organic refrigerated items.


Lightly spray your muffin pans.  Seriously, only lightly spray. You don't want them to stick, but you also don't want the bottoms of your wontons to be soggy.


Place one wrapper in each muffin cup & gently press down into the cups.

Spoon some of the sausage mixture into each wonton wrapper/cup.  I would say it's approximately 1.5-2 Tbs. in each cup.  I don't measure, just a spoonful and even amounts in each one.


Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. The edges of the wontons will brown and the filling will be a little bubbly.


Cool a couple of minutes (if you can wait) and serve warm.

So good and so easy!


Thanks to Ashley for letting me share this recipe!!








No comments:

Post a Comment