Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 30--Silver Dollar City

I grew up in Nixa, which is a town in SW Missouri. My sisters & dad still live there.  Growing up we went to Branson (30 minutes south) more times than I count.  In high school I visited Silver Dollar City more times than I can count!  
Fun times.  


 
Last summer, we had not gone anywhere as a family. Summer was slipping by quickly & we needed a fun trip. I found a good deal online so we decided to take the kids to Silver Dollar City for a couple of days--even though I had called the place Steal your Dollar City for years...(many people do :)

We had SO much fun!! The kids loved it! We met our friends the Hall family there and had a great time. I pinned it on Pinterest on my "Favorite Places" board. Couldn't wait to go back. Luckily, Santa brought us season passes for Christmas.

We took a trip to MO for Spring Break. It just happened to be opening weekend at SDC so we spent a BEAUTIFUL Friday & Saturday at the park. 

Friday we took my sister, dad, niece & nephew with us and met Kevin's brother & his wife there.  It was nice to have the extra help and ride the rides with lots of people.  My niece, nephew & brother in law are not fans of roller coasters. We managed to drag my niece on one of the bigger coasters and she cried the whole time.  We got my dad to ride the Electro-spin & the Giant Barn Swing.  That was hilarious! 

Some pics from Friday...for whatever reason I didn't take many.
This way to SDC!

My niece Ryleigh with Savannah--pretty girls!

Our daredevil Landon with Kevin on Powderkeg.  The boy will ride everything he's tall enough to ride...except the Electro-spin.

Savannah with my nephew Grant. He's 16 & riding the kiddie rides. The only coaster we got him on was Thunderation.  He doesn't know what he's missing!

Landon with his hands up on the giant swings. I think Grant is behind him to the right.

Savannah & I on the swings. My dad is behind us to the left.

Don't waste the powder sugar after finishing a funnel cake!

The girl was tuckered out...

Saturday it was just the 4 of us. Savannah is not a huge fan of the roller coasters, but she will ride them.  We always start our day in the Grand Exposition area so we can get the kids measured & wrist banded for rides.  I wish everyone did this. I wish SDC had more measuring areas. But it's a great area that has kiddie rides that we love so just as easy to start there.

Kevin & Landon on the small Pirate ship ride.

Kids acting crazy--for every picture I wanted to take, there had to be a crazy pic and a regular pic.

Kiddos waiting for daddy to ride the Electro Spin...

Poor guy had to ride by himself.  Couldn't get Landon on it, Savannah is too short & it's frowned upon to leave your 2 small kids so the adults can ride together.

She loves that she can ride this by herself!

Silly girl...

Both days were beautiful. I heard the park anticipated having 9000 people opening day and there were over 15,000. I would say there were at least that many on Saturday too.
Even with the crowds, we didn't have any problems getting on rides. The new roller coaster, Outlaw Run, opened this weekend. We waited 45 minutes each day to ride it. Not bad.

We also took a tour of Marvel Cave on Saturday. As Savannah put it--"It was awesome".  

Despite the look on the face of the lady/photobomber behind them, she was very nice :)




The boys rode the Giant Barn Swing.

I love this picture of them. Not sure what they are talking about. 
My kids have the best dad!

If you haven't been, this is the barn swing. Not the best video, but you get the idea. 

The kids were great and we had a great weekend. 
Can't wait to go back. 
Just a couple more sweet pictures. :)

Wilderness church--I love how the sun is peaking over the roof.

Waiting for daddy to buy Apple Butter. Landon refuses to put his arm around her or allow Savannah to put her arm around him...

Saturday was Landon's day to be tuckered out at the end.








No comments:

Post a Comment